Castle Age Forum Index Castle Age
Massive Multiplayer Online Strategy Game

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colonization Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Age Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dustee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Colonization Speed Reply with quote

I've recently begun my first conquest on an inactive neighbors castle, and am looking for tips to reduce these damn peasants loyalty faster.

I started off sending my army en mass, but was frustrated by how many attacks the villagers were willing to endure with no military protecting them. Since they have no defenses I've begun to split my offensive force of 6000 men into 12 waves of 500 with my herald tagging along with the final wave.

Does this strategy have any merit? Should I revert back to my first strategy?

After studying my war reports I've noticed my waves of attacks have either only reduced their loyalty by small fractions or not at all. Does that mean the amount of loyalty lost is directly tied to the number of attacking troops, and not the number of attacks?
HatchetMan302

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only heralds can lower loyalty, and they lower somewhere between 20-30%. If you want to lower loyalty, send a herald each time. I would recommend sending a large force first to destroy any existing troops in the castle, then send the herald WITH AN ARMY (it doesn't have to be huge, but if you dont send any your herald will die) shortly afterward to start lowering loyalty. 4 heralds have a good chance of capturing, 5 guarantees a capture, but you have to send 1 at a time.

A good strategy is after you destroy the player's army, send 5 successive attacks, each with a herald, which will capture the castle.

Hope this helps! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Age Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: